Let's talk, you know you want to...
This is a collection of the most popular questions we are asked in the course of our daily travels. As always, if you have a question or concern not addressed here, please feel free to contact us.
We can visit your home or we can meet in between or you can visit us in our office/studio in San Carlos. We also email attached photos.
- How should I pick a wedding photographer? It's chemistry. Do you like their energy? If you don't, good photos won't gel. You are soul-to-soul with your photographers, they will be playing a big part in your wedding celebration. We love what we do and it makes our photos glow. Choose a couple who has a style and demeanor you like.
- How do you photograph people who don't want their pictures taken? We remind you to breathe and just be with us. We'll have you two kiss and then get back to looking at us to remind you to be grounded with each other. With two photographers present we honestly capture your essence.
- How much experience do you have? We have over 19 years experience photographing over 775 weddings from Big Sur to Mendocino.
- What kind of equipment do you use? We use the finest digital cameras on earth; Our Canon 1-Ds camera boasts 11.1 megapixels!. That's an extraordinary 8x10 at 400 DPI! We also bring lots of equipment back-ups and fancy exotic lenses.
- What's the difference between digital and film? Digital has many advantages over film. More accurate color, better low-light ambiance, plus, we take as many shots as we want to and edit later. Any shot can be color, b/w, or sepia. We capture with digital cameras but print our final prints using traditional silver-halide photo paper. We also have a new archival printer in our home-studio for instant gratification if requested. All our prints are guranteed for 80 years against aging.
- What is your photographic style? More photojournalistic, less formal "posed". We do historical posings but they are quick, painless and fun. We still love traditional group shots. Just tell us what you want. This event is yours.
- Is it better to see each other before the ceremony? We prefer it since it streamlines the amount of time we need to take photos after the ceremony from 15-45 minutes. It is also one of the only times you two can connect without being overwhelmed by your family and guests. But if it your choice. We will always respect the time-honored tradition of not seeing each other before the ceremony.
- What do you need from me to tell you what photographs I want? We can work from a list or since you are right there for the entire session we can decide on-the-spot what photographs to take. Everybody is standing there and we can decide permutations. Meg is great with lists!
- How much lead time do I need to book you for a photo shoot? Anywhere from one week to two years. We only do one event per day so if it is a prime weekend like Labor Day, We usually book at least a year in advance. We also welcome last minute weddings. Give us a call.
- When do we get the wedding photographs? The images of your day will be online and proofing ready in 6-8 weeks.
- Where did you get your training? Michael was self-taught in photography and has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland, CA. Meg has shot over 80 weddings herself. Together they are a powerful force.
- Can I arrange to meet with you and review your portfolio in-person?